Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/17 20:38:09 UTC

Who's The Expert...?

is there any public record of the people (as opposed to organisations)
who comprised the expert group for a JSR?

- robert

Re: Who's The Expert...?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
I don't think officially, as companies can shift their reps...

why?

Re: Who's The Expert...?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Nov 17, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com>
> wrote:
>> I don't think officially, as companies can shift their reps...
>
> not sure that this should really be a barrier to letting everyone know
> who's been in the group

I'm not defending it.  Just explaining.  It's up to the EG itself, I
guess.

>> why?
>
> just wondering about openness and process, really
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Jeff Genender
> <jg...@apache.org> wrote:
>> You can go to the JSR page.  Companies are list as..."companies" and
>> individuals are listed by their names.  Its tedious, but it can
>> give you the
>> info you need.
>
> yeh
>
> i'm not sure that a corporation as a whole could honestly be described
> as an expert so it would be good to be able to see who their expert
> was

Well, I've seen cases where there is a pool of people inside the corp
that effectively work on the tech, and it's reported back through the
rep...

geir

Re: Who's The Expert...?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Who's The Expert...?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
You can go to the JSR page.  Companies are list as..."companies" and
individuals are listed by their names.  Its tedious, but it can give
you the info you need.

Jeff