Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Vel Pandian <ve...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/29 09:50:39 UTC

sub: problem in using ReadThrottleFilterBuilder

Hi,

I want to use ReadThrottleFilterBuilder along with SSL & Compression filter.

In the documentation its mentioned that ReadThrottleFilterBuilder
should be used at the end of the filter chain construction.

But SSL & Compression filter are used after negotiation(between cilent
- server), so i cannot determine how many filters are required.

In such case how to add ReadThrottleFilterBuilder?

Plz correct me if i am wrong some where

Regards,

Vel

Re: sub: problem in using ReadThrottleFilterBuilder

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Nov 29, 2006, at 12:50 AM, Vel Pandian wrote:
> I want to use ReadThrottleFilterBuilder along with SSL &
> Compression filter.
>
> In the documentation its mentioned that ReadThrottleFilterBuilder
> should be used at the end of the filter chain construction.
>
> But SSL & Compression filter are used after negotiation(between cilent
> - server), so i cannot determine how many filters are required.
>
> In such case how to add ReadThrottleFilterBuilder?

The ReadThrottleFilter just needs to be the filter that is
immediately before and after the ExecutorFilter.

So, if you don't ever explicitly place a filter in your chain
relative to the ExecutorFilter, you're fine to add it in whenever you
want (ie, if you always use addLast, and just stack on the end
repeatedly)

-pete