Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by André Jager <an...@spe-unna.de> on 2007/07/31 18:29:11 UTC

Slow network throughput NMS -> 2mb / Sec

Hello,

I use ActiveMQ (4.1.1) in conjunction with C# and am experiencing very bad
network performance.

I wrote a test program to test the performance. The client sends 4kb Byte
Messages, the server reads the queue, acknowledges the messages and discards
the content. Client and server are written in C# using the latest NMS /
ActiveMQ client.

Since I was suspecting DOTNET Sockets to be a bottleneck, I wrote a small
Client / Server program sending 4 kb blocks using DOTNET sockets. The Client
and Server are written in C#.

In both cases I send the same data, a 700 mb stream. With ActiveMQ I can put
through 2 mb / Sec, with the bare metal socket implementation in DOTNET I
get a 27 mb / Sec throughput (1gb network).

At the server, when I run the ActiveMQ test client, I see the JAVA VM jump
to 80% CPU (for what it is, I have no experience with JAVA).

Is there a general performance problem or is there a performance problem in
conjunction with NMS.

Who wrote NMS, maybe we can contribute to the project solving these
performance issues (if they are present in NMS).

thanks,
André Jager

Re: Slow network throughput NMS -> 2mb / Sec

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
We are always grateful of contributions - it would be great if you
could help out - the community of users and developers is what apache
projects are about afterall.

cheers,

Rob

'Go Get Integrated -  ride the Camel! - http://activemq.apache.org/