Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raymond <ra...@tradeeasy.com> on 2001/07/11 06:47:12 UTC

Configuring apache/tomcat with mod_jk on different hosts

Hello

If apache and tomcat are running on 2 different hosts, how do I perform the
configuration if I'm using mod_jk ? For e.g. should I place the
workers.properties file on apache side or tomcat side ? For mod_jserv I know
that I can use ApJServDefaultHost and ApJServDefaultPort directives.

Thanks & Regards
Raymond

RE: Configuring apache/tomcat with mod_jk on different hosts

Posted by Saurabh Shukla <sa...@cysphere.com>.

This probably is a BUG with tomcat. It should not return 404, coz' the
servlet is there.

You will get the same message  even if u call the servlet from normal java
code and not applet.

    URL url = new URL("http://whatever.com/servlet/SomeServlet")

   URLConnection huc = url.openConnection();

   huc.setUseCaches(false);

   huc.setDoInput(true);

//   huc.setDoOutput(true);

//    OutputStream os = huc.getOutputStream();

  InputStream is = huc.getInputStream();

This will work but if u uncomment the 2 lines above , it returns 404 Error.

Perhaps it has something to do with the post method in the servlet, do u
have a doPost method in the servlet ?

Shuklix