Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/30 15:58:43 UTC

Re: [1/2] git commit: [flex-tlf] [refs/heads/develop] - FLEX-34756 Split the functionality provided by FlowComposerBase.isDamaged() and StandardFlowComposer.isDamaged() into two separate functions, because 1) they do very different things, and 2) to solve FL

Hi Mihai,

It is strange you should be able to reach this server. Jenkins haven't
launch tests yet after your commit, so we have to wait.

Can you reach more direct link to TLF job? ->
http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-tlf/

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
--
View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-1-2-git-commit-flex-tlf-refs-heads-develop-FLEX-34756-Split-the-functionality-provided-by-FlowComL-tp45873p45874.html

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Mihai,

This is same failures as it was before, so it looks like your changes didn't
break anything. ;)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
--
View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-1-2-git-commit-flex-tlf-refs-heads-develop-FLEX-34756-Split-the-functionality-provided-by-FlowComL-tp45873p45877.html

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Mihai,

If you take a look into the tests you will see that we have

var tempText:String = plainTextExporter.export(SelManager.textFlow,
ConversionType.STRING_TYPE) as String;
SelManager.selectRange(2155, 2155);
SelManager.insertText(tempText);
SelManager.insertText(tempText);

I am not sure what text was originally inserted into the text flow. I am
inserting right now text from "simple.xml" and I took all values based on
these inserted text.

So in someway it is rather what tests need to pass.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
--
View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-1-2-git-commit-flex-tlf-refs-heads-develop-FLEX-34756-Split-the-functionality-provided-by-FlowComL-tp45873p46072.html

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks for that.

I guess the numbers you changed in those tests are now what they
should be, rather than what they need to be for the tests to pass,
right?

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
> I did look into one of the failing test. ->
> ImportAPITest:testMarkupImportErrors.
I'm pretty sure this was failing before the changes I made.

As you said above, the new failures are:
UnitTest.Tests::ImportAPITest.clipboardImporterTest
UnitTest.Tests::ImportAPITest.clipboardExporterTest
UnitTest.Tests::KeyboardGestureTest.TabPromoteDemoteListTest

and they all pass locally for me. It's quite puzzling. Maybe it's
something about running in headless mode?

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Mihai,

I did look into one of the failing test. ->
ImportAPITest:testMarkupImportErrors.

In general this test is checks whether we are getting appropriate error
message. I've went through the code and found that method
"getResourceString" from class spark.utils.TextUtil returns null.

Resource bundle in this class: [ResourceBundle("textLayout")]

This method has simple logic:

var resourceManager:IResourceManager = ResourceManager.getInstance();
return resourceManager.getString("textLayout",
"expectedExactlyOneTextLayoutFormat", args);

I think something is wrong with resource bundle. Note one thing on jenkins:

Build: 409 - test "testMarkupImportErrors" - failed
Build: 410 - test "testMarkupImportErrors" - didn't fail

I am able to reproduce failing test every time - Anyone know where should I
go to check what is wrong with resource bundle ?

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
--
View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-1-2-git-commit-flex-tlf-refs-heads-develop-FLEX-34756-Split-the-functionality-provided-by-FlowComL-tp45873p45917.html

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Mihai,

TLF tests is using VellumUnit.swf because inside for tests purposes is
unit tests for displaying some things.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
--
View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-1-2-git-commit-flex-tlf-refs-heads-develop-FLEX-34756-Split-the-functionality-provided-by-FlowComL-tp45873p46025.html

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
> I don't understand what do you mean saying "custom test runner" and
> "out-of-the-box FlexUnit lack" - Could you explain a bit for me ?
By that I mean that we use VellumUnit.swf to run them, instead of the
default runner in the flexunit target, as the sdk does (see
flexunit-tests.xml:74).

Also, I just ran UnitTest.Tests.ImportAPITest.clipboardImporterTest
and clipboardExporterTest, and they pass locally. Any clues on why
they might be failing on the server?

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Mihai,

View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-1-2-git-commit-flex-tlf-refs-heads-develop-FLEX-34756-Split-the-functionality-provided-by-FlowComL-tp45873p45905.html

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
I'm using IntelliJ as well, so that could be useful, yes.
But before you do, can I ask what motivated the use of a custom test
runner? What did the out-of-the-box FlexUnit lack?

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks for letting me know. I can only take a look at them mid-next
week, so if you need them taken care of earlier, I can revert the changes.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Mihai,

View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Re-1-2-git-commit-flex-tlf-refs-heads-develop-FLEX-34756-Split-the-functionality-provided-by-FlowComL-tp45873p45882.html

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
Same failures. Good sign.

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.