Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by "Robson, Alan" <al...@viasat.com> on 2016/03/09 17:48:02 UTC

Trigger event on LDP update

Hi guys

Is there a simple way to trigger a "side effect" when someone uses LDP to CRUD a record ?  I would like to use LDP as a general purpose API, but my team are asking that when a record is updated that some other action is triggered. In this case, when someone adds a definition of a task (eg. A task to read a network management variable and report it to a kafa topic), the task should be started.

I don't need marmotta to implement the task, just to emit some kind of a signal to start it, stop it, or tell it to re-read its config from the triplestore.

Any thoughts ?

Many thanks

Alan

Re: Trigger event on LDP update

Posted by Apache <tk...@apache.org>.
Hi Alan

as should be based on (rest) webservices you could also use the filter chain and implement a filter that triggers the event.

Regards
Thomas

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Alan,