Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2005/05/08 15:02:08 UTC

[logging] musings on jcl requirements, Log4JLogger does not implement Log, etc.

G'day,

I've been working some more on the issues mentioned in my recent emails.

I've come up with some stuff that I *really* shouldn't be posting yet as
I haven't yet finished thinking about it. But it would be a shame for
anyone to waste time working on the same lines as I already have. So
*if* (and only if) you are thinking about JCL design *right now* it
might be worth reading the draft info here:
  http://people.apache.org/~skitching/jcl-req.txt

I'll try to get back to this tomorrow or the day after and see if it
really makes sense. If, when you follow the link, the document just says
"sorry, retracted" you will know I realized it is all wrong :-)

Cheers,

Simon