Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com> on 2001/08/16 19:25:46 UTC

[xml-security] Re: Canonical XML

Ok,

my apologies for not being quick and up to date on this.

So far I see 3 pmc +1's, one +0 and no -1';s.  That seems like
enough to get this project going on.  Unless someone in general
objects by Friday, we'll get started on creating an xml-security
project.

Ted
Posted by Sriram Rao <sr...@informix.com>.
Thanks Elena, but the I don't see set methods in the DocumentType
interface. Also, the 'value' property of a DocumentType node is null.

Is there a way to set the internal subset for a DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE?

Thanks Again,
Sriram

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Sriram,

Posted by Sriram Rao <sr...@informix.com>.
Hi,

When deep cloning a DOCUMENT_NODE (of a DOM created using Xerces parser), I
loose the 'internal subset' property of its DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child. That
is, docType.getInternalSubset() (where docType is of type
DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE) returns null. This method however returns the correct
internal subset for the DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child of the DOCUMENT_NODE
(created by parsing XML document into a DOM) from which the clone was created.

Any idea why this is happening? Any work-arounds?

This may not be the correct alias to talk about the Crimson parser (anyone
aware of the correct alias?). However, when using the Crimson parser, deep
clone of the DOCUMENT_NODE completely looses its DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child.
Also, the internal subset is not set for the DOCUMENT_TYPE_NODE child of
the DOCUMENT_NODE originally created by parsing an XML document.

I would appreciate any help in resolving these issues with Xerces and
Crimson parsers.

Thanks,
Sriram

Losing Internal Subset When Cloning