Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/07 17:33:51 UTC

upgrading from package.html to package-info.java

Hi Team, unless any immediate objections, I'm going to be upgrading our
Java 1.4 package.html files currently being kept in the
app/src/main/resources/... folders to the newer Java 5+
package-info.java[1], placing them in app/src/main/java/... (Unlikely
but I may do an intermediate step of moving the package.htmls to the
src/ folders before converting them to *.java, so I can get rid of the
corresponding folders under resources--Java allows that[1] and Maven
holds both /java and /resources substandard for package.htmls,
preferring them in a src/main/javadoc folder[2] anyway.)

This will provide an immediate benefit of allowing the deletion of maybe
40(?) folders from app/src/main/resources/* that are doing nothing but
holding a copy of this single file, allowing much easier perusal of the
remaining resources subdirectories, also by putting them with the source
java files it will be easier to see which folders are missing this file
and which package-info.javas can be deleted because the package itself
has been deleted.

Regards,
Glen

[1]