Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Swapna Gupta <SG...@cs.ua.edu> on 2004/12/02 03:20:02 UTC

using .tbl files

Hi,

I had a version of Xindice-1.0 installed. Recently the machine where it
was installed was reimaged, and while doing a backup I saved the xindice
folder. It was not installed by me, so I am not aware how it was
configured or any such details.

Now I have installed xindice-1.1b4 with Tomcat 5.0.27. I want to import
some of the collections from the saved version to the new installed
version. I believe the .tbl file is the key.

If I copy the folder corresponding to the collection I want to import
(located in xindice\current\xml-xindice-1.0\ in the older version) to
the xindice\WEB-INF\db folder, will it get recognized? I tried, but it
didn't show up while browsing the database.

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance. I am sure I'll get great help here!

Swapna

Re: using .tbl files

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
Swapna Gupta wrote:

> If I copy the folder corresponding to the collection I want to import
> (located in xindice\current\xml-xindice-1.0\ in the older version) to
> the xindice\WEB-INF\db folder, will it get recognized? I tried, but it
> didn’t show up while browsing the database.
>
> What do I need to do?

One thing that you probably want to look at is the file
system.xml in your xindice\WEB-INF. There is one line there
that specifies the location Xindice looks at to find your .tbl files.
For example, for me the line is:
<root-collection dbroot="/tmp/xindice_db/" name="db" use-metadata="on">

which means that Xindice looks at /tmp/xindice_db to find the db
collections, in which the .tbl files reside.

So if you have collection COLLECTION1 in directory /foo/bar
the line in your system.xml should look like :
<root-collection dbroot="/foo/bar/COLLECTION1/" name="db" use-metadata="on">
Inside COLLECTION1 you should have the .tbl files.

Hope this helps
Eno