Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2007/06/29 22:43:49 UTC

Third Party Dependencies

My Maven process runs in a controlled environment where I do not have
connectivity to the internet.  For this reason, I placed all the Maven
dependencies from repositories like repo1 and codehaus onto our company
repository.  The problem is that even though these dependencies are on
our company repository, once the build calls a plugin which uses
codehaus, for example, the build fails automatically, without ever going
to our company repository.  Is there a solution for this?  How has
everyone else solved this issue?  Thank you.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Third Party Dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Just set up a <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> repo in your settings.xml and
point it at a (local) repo that has all your artifacts, including the
ones from codehaus.

Wayne

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
<am...@deloitte.com> wrote:

> My Maven process runs in a controlled environment where I do not have
> connectivity to the internet.  For this reason, I placed all the Maven
> dependencies from repositories like repo1 and codehaus onto our company
> repository.  The problem is that even though these dependencies are on
> our company repository, once the build calls a plugin which uses
> codehaus, for example, the build fails automatically, without ever going
> to our company repository.  Is there a solution for this?  How has
> everyone else solved this issue?  Thank you.

I'd have to see the build output to know exactly what's going on.

You can Configure repositories (and pluginRepositories) in
settings.xml, and point Maven at your internal repositories.  You may
want to create a custom Maven distribution with conf/settings.xml
pre-configured for your environment.

If you find that Maven is trying to check additional repositories,
make a note of the repository id and override it in your own
settings.xml file.  (Or just leave it and let Maven blacklist them on
each build.)

I haevn't found mirrorOf=* all that useful because I never have *one*
repository with everything-- there's always at least two, snapshots
and releases.

--
Wendy