Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Verweij van searchXperts <ja...@searchxperts.nl> on 2016/04/19 14:49:47 UTC

restore issue

Hi,
Just need to check the following.
Currently building a test environment with solrcloud and 3 nodes After loading some data into solr I did the following:
 1. create a backup using the replication handler like http://localhost:8983/solr/ [SHARDNAME]
    /replication?command=backup&location=/data/backup/solr
 2. cleared the index with a delbyquery
 3. restored the index using the replication mechnism

So far so good, but then I tried the following
4. clear the index again with delbyquery 5. restore the index in the same way as with step 3 (with the same backup name
etc.)
Now the index remains empty, even after reloading or restarting the nodes.
I noticed the index location was changed from index to
/var/solr/data/products_shard8_replica2/data/restore.snapshot.products_shard8_replica2.201106072258
after running step 3 so I might try to dump files into the same directory and
the changes are un-noticed.
Is this a bug?
I solved it by removing some files and directories but still…
Cheers,
Jan Verweij