Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Mario Levitin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/09 13:57:15 UTC

SVD++ when there are no ratings

Hi,
In my dataset there are no ratings. There is information only about which
users rented which movies.
I think SVD is not suitable in this case. What about SVD++? I heard that it
can be used with this kind of data. Are there any other alternatives (other
than neighborhood based ones)?

Thanks
mario

Re: SVD++ when there are no ratings

Posted by Mario Levitin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply Sebastian,
One more question: What about SVD++, isn't it different from using
ALSWRFactorizer
with usesImplicitFeedback = true.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.