Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/08/24 07:17:07 UTC

ModPerl::MM for mp1?

I've been really liking ModPerl::MM::WriteMakefile lately and thought it
might be nice to port/slide it over to mp1.

I'm not sure about just plunking the module in though, since we then need to
sync two version with the repository.

what about taking the time to isolate the mp2 build system and it its own
project in cvs?  then we can checkout modperl-build into modperl and cvs up
to keep things in order.

--Geoff

Re: ModPerl::MM for mp1?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> I've been really liking ModPerl::MM::WriteMakefile lately and thought it
> might be nice to port/slide it over to mp1.
>
> I'm not sure about just plunking the module in though, since we then
> need to sync two version with the repository.
>
> what about taking the time to isolate the mp2 build system and it its
> own project in cvs?  then we can checkout modperl-build into modperl and
> cvs up to keep things in order.

But the build systems aren't compatible.

On the opposite, if you really want to take this route, I'd suggest to try to
port it first to mp1 and then see if there is enough overlap to justify a
single source.

Besides, at this time, it's probably the best to spend little time on mp1, and
get 2.0 out of the door first. Then we can spend time making things better in
both generations.