Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> on 2008/06/04 15:23:42 UTC

LDAP talk at Java User Group Berlin

Hi all,

next week I will present an introduction to LDAP for Java developers at
the Java User Group (JUG) Berlin, Germany.

http://www.java-berlin.de/

The talk will be in German. I will add the slides here afterwards:
http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/ldap-entmystifiziert-jug-berlin.html

Please note that the material from the recent talk at JUG Munich,
presented by Christine and Stefan S., is online as well:
http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/java-und-ldap-jug-munich.html

Greetings,
     Stefan

Re: LDAP talk at Java User Group Berlin

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Thanks Stefan for the update.  I wish I could speak the language of Goethe.
I'm sure it's a perfect presentation though.  I hope our lurkers close to
this event will all attend.

Thanks,
Alex

Posted by Harakiri <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for reply:
> But I do not plan
> to go into
> internals of ApacheDS.
>
> Greetings,
>      Stefan

But you would be willing to talk about internals after the presentaion? =p

Re: LDAP talk at Java User Group Berlin

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Harakiri wrote:
> will you talk about more specifics of ApacheDS or is it more about introduction to JNDI? (the last slide is more about JNDI introduction).

Neither ApacheDS, nor JNDI in detail. It will basically be an
introduction to LDAP for Java developers.

Agenda (draft)

- Advantages of LDAP, when to use it, and when to prefer a RDBMS
- LDAP Information model, operational model etc.
- Integration options for Java (JNDI is only one of them)
- Using LDAP as a authentication store for e.g. Tomcat
- ...

And of course I will use ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio for the
demonstration parts of the presentations. But I do not plan to go into

Posted by Harakiri <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,