Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by khaireddine Rezgui <kh...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/07 21:57:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

Hi guys,

I created this KIP to get your feedback about the new default value of the
retention_ms in kafka stream repartion topics.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-284%3A+Set+default+retention+ms+for+Streams+repartition+topics+to+Long.MAX_VALUE

The kip in under construction

Thanks,

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

Posted by khaireddine Rezgui <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,
We got 3 (+1) and 3 (+1 binding),
72 hours passed, i'll update the kip as accepted
Thanks.

--
Ingénieur en informatique

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I think we can.
-------- Original message --------From: khaireddine Rezgui <kh...@gmail.com> Date: 4/9/18  1:12 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: dev@kafka.apache.org Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

--
Ingénieur en informatique

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

Posted by khaireddine Rezgui <kh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ingénieur en informatique

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Thank for the KIP. LGTM.

Posted by khaireddine Rezgui <kh...@gmail.com>.
KIP updated.

--
Ingénieur en informatique

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

Posted by khaireddine Rezgui <kh...@gmail.com>.
ok

--
Ingénieur en informatique

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-284 Set default retention ms for Streams repartition topics to Long.MAX_VALUE

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.