Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/01 23:57:56 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC3)

Please vote to approve the release of the following candidate as Apache
SystemML version 0.9.0!

The PPMC vote thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg00267.html

And the result:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg00279.html

The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-rc3
(49528085a9b2ea0babade040db821c8158a57ab5)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/tree/49528085a9b2ea0babade040db821c8158a57ab5

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemml-1003/

The distribution and rat report is also available at:

http://people.apache.org/~lresende/systemml/0.9.0-rc3/

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemML 0.9.0

Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC3)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the thorough review, we will definitely look into all these
issues for the next release.

Anyone else willing to review ? We still need at least one more vote.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding) but only if LICENSE is fixed for next release
>
> I checked:
> - file contains incubating
> - signatures and hashed good
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE is missing bundled software [11][12]
> - NOTICE is OK
> - Several source files are missing Apache headers [7]. While they are
> generated files it would be nice for them to have Apache headers.
> - No unexpected binary files
> - Can compile from source
>
> LICENSE is missing:
> - Bootstrap [1] (MIT licensed)
> - Modernizr [2] (MIT/BSD licensed)
> - Polyfill [2] (MIT/BSD licensed)
> - Respond [2] (MIT/GPL licensed)
> - Normalize [3] (MIT licensed)
> - AnchorJS [5] (MIT licensed)
> - JQuery [6] (MIT licensed)
>
> I notice some of the code comes from/is based on "Introduction to
> Algorithms, Third Edition, MIT Press”. (e.g. [8]) Do you require permission
> to use this? How is this material licensed? Could any of the other material
> mentioned in [4] be an issue copyright wise or need to be placed in LICENSE
> if it is permissively licensed?
>
> Do the LICENSE and NOTICE files in ./src/assembly/standalone/ need to be
> included in the source release?
>
> Also for the next release could you place the RC in the correct place. [9]
>
> Can [10] (an compress archive containing a text file) not be placed in the
> source release but be created at build time?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. ./docs/js/vendor/bootstrap.min.js
> 2. ./docs/js/vendor/modernizr-2.6.1-respond-1.1.0.min.js
> 3. ./docs/css/bootstrap.min.css
> 4. ./docs/Algorithms\ Reference/SystemML_Algorithms_Reference.bib
> 5. ./docs/js/vendor/anchor.min.js
> 6. ./docs/js/vendor/jquery-1.12.0.min.js
> 7. ./src/main/java/org/apache/sysml/parser/*.java
> 8.
> ./src/main/java/org/apache/sysml/hops/rewrite/RewriteMatrixMultChainOptimization.java
> 9.
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#glossary-incubator-dist
> 10
> ./docs/files/mlcontext-programming-guide/zeppelin-notebook-linear-regression/2AZ2AQ12B.tar.gz
> 11. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle
> 12. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps

Luciano Resende

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC3)

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Here is a list of Justin Mclean's findings from our last incubator release.
We need to verify that all potential issues have been addressed before our
next release.

I will go over the list and figure out which have been fixed already.

Deron

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
+1

(some issues as pointed out above, but we can fix those in the next release)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende