Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/15 23:44:28 UTC

New Roadmap Dates

Even with all the help, the project is running about 3 weeks late on the
deliverables listed on the roadmap, so I have updated the wiki to reflect
this: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Roadmap. I'm looking to get
all the critical features out by late September. I've had to push the
SharpDevelop work out to October: I probably won't get around to it until
then. If anyone else can take up this work, let me know and I'll update the
road map.

Shane

Re: New Roadmap Dates

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 18/06/2007, at 3:01 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 15 Jun 07, at 4:44 PM 15 Jun 07, Shane Isbell wrote:
>
>> Even with all the help, the project is running about 3 weeks late
>> on the
>> deliverables listed on the roadmap, so I have updated the wiki to
>> reflect
>> this: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Roadmap. I'm
>> looking to get
>> all the critical features out by late September. I've had to push the
>> SharpDevelop work out to October: I probably won't get around to
>> it until
>> then. If anyone else can take up this work, let me know and I'll
>> update the
>> road map.
>>
>> Shane
>
> Do you use the Wiki to make cross JIRA project roadmaps?
>
> It might be easier to make the roadmaps in each JIRA project and
> then just use a macro in the wiki. One per project instead of what
> you're doing there now itemizing each issue.
>
> Just looking forward and trying to align all the Maven projects to
> using something similar and we generally just set the fix version
> and use the roadmap features in JIRA.

Yeah, I think we are all in favour of aligning all the subprojects.
NMaven is somewhat closer to what Continuum has had in place for a
while.

 From my understanding, the basic reason to put it in the wiki was
that it could be grasped at a more concise level what the high level
design tasks are than could be done with jira (though this can
certainly be achieved with proper tagging), but also because each
item would then spawn a wiki document for the initial proposal/design
it was needed anyway. I like what OpenEJB have done in that they
document what you need to know (the hot spots), but also suck in the
full jira list.

The basic workflow I was thinking of for each item is: roadmap line
item -> proposal (what it is, decide if we should do it: posted to
wiki, discussed on list) -> design (how to do it, later moved to
architectural documentation: posted to wiki, discussed on list) ->
jira(s) (link to existing ones, related ones, or more usually create
a jira to represent the implementation - possibly split into subtasks
as long as all of them must be completed to make the functionality
complete, otherwise create other related jiras).

I guess the thing to do is just keep trucking on dev@maven and take
what works out to each other project. I assume everyone here is also
paying attention to that list...

- Brett

Re: New Roadmap Dates

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 15 Jun 07, at 4:44 PM 15 Jun 07, Shane Isbell wrote:

> Even with all the help, the project is running about 3 weeks late
> on the
> deliverables listed on the roadmap, so I have updated the wiki to
> reflect
> this: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Roadmap. I'm
> looking to get
> all the critical features out by late September. I've had to push the
> SharpDevelop work out to October: I probably won't get around to it
> until
> then. If anyone else can take up this work, let me know and I'll
> update the
> road map.
>
> Shane

Do you use the Wiki to make cross JIRA project roadmaps?

It might be easier to make the roadmaps in each JIRA project and then
just use a macro in the wiki. One per project instead of what you're
doing there now itemizing each issue.

Just looking forward and trying to align all the Maven projects to
using something similar and we generally just set the fix version and
use the roadmap features in JIRA.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl