Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Lee Tambiah <le...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/17 22:07:52 UTC

Changing the handle

Hello,

How can I change the Handle to a different name, at current I go to
the "main menu" link and then click the "server administration" link
and change the field "Handle of weblog to serve as frontpage blog" to
another name and save the changes, but then going back to my home page
i recieve a 404 error, until I hit back on the  browser and change the
handle back to what it was originally called. Is there any work
arounds for this issue?

Cheers

L. Tambiah

Re: Changing the handle

Posted by Lee Tambiah <le...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 17, 2008 9:07 PM, Lee Tambiah <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I change the Handle to a different name, at current I go to
> the "main menu" link and then click the "server administration" link
> and change the field "Handle of weblog to serve as frontpage blog" to
> another name and save the changes, but then going back to my home page
> i recieve a 404 error, until I hit back on the  browser and change the
> handle back to what it was originally called. Is there any work
> arounds for this issue?
>
> Cheers
>
> L. Tambiah

Answering my own question it seems you cannot change a handle once
set, I got around this by creating a new blog with the new handle name
and deleting the old one.

L. Tambiah