Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Daniel Shane <sh...@irosoft.com> on 2002/06/06 22:34:58 UTC

Is it possible to do context sensitive parsing with Xerces?

Hi all,

I would like to do some parsing using Xerces and found that it is quite
easy to do the following.

Perform action foo when you encounter element bar.

However, I would like to go a step farther and do the following:

Perform action foo when the next valid element could be bar.

Is it possible to interrogate xerces, while it is parsing a document, to
know what are the next valid elements that can appear in the document? I
could then use the result to check if bar is part of the list and fire foo
if this is the case.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel Shane