Posted to user@flink.apache.org by KristoffSC <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/10 08:02:51 UTC

Flink Minimal requirements

Hi all,
well this may be a little bit strange question, but are there any minimal
machine requirements (memory size, CPU etc) and  non functional requirements
(number of nodes, network ports ports, etc) for Flink?

I know it all boils down to what my deployed Job will be, but if we just
could put this aside for a moment and focus on a bare minimum just for
Flink.

Probably we can say that Flink requires minim 2 nodes right?
What about minimal memory needed for Flink runtime. How many threads Flink's
runtime is using.

Any thought about this one?

Thanks,
Krzysztof

Re: Flink Minimal requirements

Posted by Khachatryan Roman <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kristof,

Flink doesn't have any specific requirements.
You can run Flink on a single node with just one core. The number of
threads is dynamic.

However, you'll probably want to configure memory usage if the default
values are greater than what the actual machine has.

Regards,
Roman