Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Scott Goldstein <Sc...@nextlabs.com> on 2010/04/14 00:59:06 UTC

Need help debugging a caching problem

I've been stepping through the code a bit, but could use some helping trying to solve a caching problem in my setup.

The details are that I have a file system repository set up for submodules within a particular build.  When built, the submodules are published to this file system repository and then used by other submodules in the build.  This file system repository is unique to each revision/branch of the product.

The problem occurs when switching branches.  First, I compile Branch A.  Then, I move to Branch B and it mistakenly picks up submodules from Branch A.

I've set up the repository to have checkModified="true" and changingPattern=".*".

When I debug through the code, it looks like it tries to download the dependency into the cache using DefaultRepositoryCacheManager.cacheModuleDescriptor(..).  Within this method, it calls "doFindModuleInCache" to see if the module is already in the cache and needs to evict it and install the latest version from the source.  It does this, by looking for the ivy.xml file in the cache and comparing the publication date.  The ivy file it looks for is:

...\cache\organization\module\ivy-working@build-repository.xml

But, the only ivy files in the cache are:

...\cache\organization\module\ivy-working@build-repository.xml.original
...\cache\organization\module\ivy-2.0.xml

So, it never finds them in the cache and, therefore, never evicts the old artifacts.

Can anyone point to what might be causing this?  Or, where I might debug further?

Thanks.

Scott

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. No representation is made on its accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this electronic message. Certain assumptions may have been made in the preparation of this material as at this date, and are subject to change without notice. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender at NextLabs Inc and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments from your system. ======================================================================