Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by edward yoon <we...@udanax.org> on 2007/07/09 09:36:16 UTC

RE: About Hadoop

Sebastien, I hope that we can communicate world widely via hadoop mailing list.

>>> I may be wrong but I heared you, at NHN, also worked on an issue about korean characters problems in Hadoop.>>> What is it about ? What problems did you have and how did you fix them ? I (and maybe my co-workers) may be interested in that.

I don't think there was a hadoop problem.It's just Korean character encoding is not supported in Text Input/Output Format class.

>>> what important features are missing from Hadoop

In my opinion, it is a prblem with file append feature or locality issues in managing HBase's columnfamily relational data.
I could certainly be wrong, and I am sure Doug Cutting or Jim Kellerman would have a better idea/suggestion.

----B. regards,edward yoon(NHN, Inc) webmaster@udanax.org+82-31-784-4038, +82-10-7149-7856 http://www.udanax.org/

From: sebastien@etri.re.krTo: webmaster@udanax.orgCC: Subject: About HadoopDate: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 15:41:01 +0900

안녕하세요?I'm Sebastien JOB from ETRI, Database team.

Sorry for this mail in english.

I must congratulate you for your work on HBase Shell.

I may be wrong but I heared you, at NHN, also worked on an issue about korean characters problems in Hadoop.
What is it about ? What problems did you have and how did you fix them ? I (and maybe my co-workers) may be interested in that.

By the way, I'm currently working on Hadoop. You seem to know it quite well, so I also have a question for you :In your opinion, what important features are missing from Hadoop (and are - or not - included in Google's systems) ? What should be added or corrected ? Do you think everything is perfect ?I'm working more about Map/Reduce but I'm also interested in HBase, HDFS and the others.

Regards,Sebastien JOB.
ETRI
Digital Home Division, Internet Server Group, Database Team.

Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink