Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Alessandro Molina <al...@ursacomputing.com> on 2021/10/01 07:34:33 UTC

Preparing for release 6.0.0

In preparation for release 6.0.0 which should probably happen within the
next 2-3 weeks according to the usual release cycle the Confluence page for
the release has been created (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+6.0.0+Release )

Also all non Bug issues that were not started have been moved to version
7.0.0, please do not create new issues under 6.0.0 unless you expect to be
able to solve them within the next few days. Likewise, feel free to move
back to version 6.0.0 things that you expect to be able to address within
the next few days.

That leaves the release with a total of ~60 bugs pending. It's probably
unrealistic that those can be fixed in 2-3 weeks, so I encourage the owners
of those issues to go through them and postpone them to version 7.0.0
unless they plan to address them soon. The remaining ones will be moved to
version 7.0.0 before the release.

Thanks everybody for the big effort in contributing to a release that
includes nearly 500 issues and if you are aware of any blocker (apart those
already marked as blockers in the Confluence page) please raise them early
on so that there is enough time to address them.

Re: Preparing for release 6.0.0

Posted by Alessandro Molina <al...@ursacomputing.com>.
FYI, I also created the skeleton for the release blog post at
https://github.com/apache/arrow-site/pull/153/files
This should give everyone time to fill the proper parts of the blog post
using github commit suggestions

Ignore the blog post date, I just put any random future date, which will
have to be updated when we actually publish the release.

Posted by Alessandro Molina <al...@ursacomputing.com>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alessandro Molina <al...@ursacomputing.com>.

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.