Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jayaram Ponnusamy <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/06 04:55:01 UTC

[users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error on Apache 2.4

Dear All,
Our Site is Public Site and there is no restriction @ any level. We are
using apache on top of Java based CMS (Tomcat Server).
Recently we upgraded Apache from 2.2.21 to 2.4.25. Where ever     Order
allow,deny & Allow from all coming there we changed it to Require all
granted but root page only loading without any issue. We are getting 403
Forbidden Message on Rest of the Pages. Kindly please help how to enable
permission to all folder and its subfolders in 2.4.25.

For Example:
Working:
http://domain.com/sites

Notworking:
http://domain.com/newsroom
http://domain.com/events
http://domain.com/about
& Other pages

RewriteEngine on
        RewriteRule ^/+$ /sites/  [R,L]
DocumentRoot "/apps/apache2.4"
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
Require all granted
</Directory>

Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden Error on Apache 2.4

Posted by Daniel Ferradal <df...@apache.org>.
Directory / is the root of the filesystem, so it should always be set
in server config with Require all denied, it is not the documentroot,
chances are you have a Directory directive elsewhere denying, also
make 100% sure you don't mix Order/Allow/Deny with 2.4 directives.

So:

Server config
<Directory />
Require all denied