Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> on 2011/09/22 06:34:04 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1173759 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: include/private/svn_subr_private.h libsvn_repos/reporter.c libsvn_subr/spillbuf.c tests/libsvn_subr/spillbuf-test.c

gstein@apache.org wrote on Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 17:02:35 -0000:
> Author: gstein
> Date: Wed Sep 21 17:02:34 2011
> New Revision: 1173759

> Log:
> Rename the private APIs to include a double-underscore, per convention. We
> have no solid convention for typedefs (which are not exposed by the
> library callpoints), so they remain unchanged.
>
> Suggested by: philip
>
> * subversion/include/private/svn_subr_private.h:
> * subversion/libsvn_subr/spillbuf.c:
> * subversion/libsvn_repos/reporter.c:
> * subversion/tests/libsvn_subr/spillbuf-test.c:
>   (...): rename the functions

Do you intend to nominate the spillbuf code for backport to 1.7.x?  It's
not exposed in the public API so we can do that (once we feel the code
is sufficiently mature).

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 22, 2011 8:01 AM, "Daniel Shahaf" <da...@elego.de> wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote on Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 06:16:07 -0400:
> > On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 00:34, Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>
wrote:

> > > Do you intend to nominate the spillbuf code for backport to 1.7.x?
 It's
> > > not exposed in the public API so we can do that (once we feel the code
> > > is sufficiently mature).
> >
> > Nope. I extracted it from ra_serf in order to use it in the Ev2 shims
> > that Hyrum has been working on. One of my next steps is to rewrite the
> > ra_serf to use the new spillbuf code now.
> >
> > But there wasn't anything that I intended for 1.7.x backport.
> >

> Okay, thanks.  The libsvn_repos/reporter.c work doesn't appear to be
> part of the Ev2 work, but I don't know if it warrants backporting by
> itself.  (Haven't reviewed it yet)

C.Mike asked for a concrete example, offering up the reporter as a
candidate. It was a very good one, so I wrote the code.

But... it is a simple improvement and does not warrant a backport.

Thanks!
-g

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@elego.de>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.