Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2007/10/29 18:56:32 UTC

3.0 M2 Release Vote

Hi all,

I'd like to raise the vote to release Cayenne 3.0 M2.  This was tagged a
couple weeks back, but has seen some bug fixes since then.  Andrus has
tested on several platforms with various DB engines.  His results were all
positive.

I've built, signed, and posted assemblies here:

http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M2/

Note that I've built the Windows one, but did have a single test failure.
Given that it was not observed on other platforms, it was likely an
environmental thing.  I will try to look into it some more.

Also, this is my first attempt at signing assemblies, so please verify the
signatures.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Oct 29, 2007, at 8:13 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Yeah.  I was looking a bit, and I think we'd need a new assembly
> profile.
> It turned out to be a lot quicker to untar and zip it up manually.
> Not
> ideal, but I felt zip really should be used for the Windows release.
>
> If not, I can put the gzipped tarballs up,

I'd say zip is fine. Although WinZip understands tar.gz so it
shouldn't scare no Windows users.

> but I'm not sure it gains us much.

I'd say consistency is important, so we need to pursue a separate
profile for the next release, so that it is automated. Otherwise
we'll have a different format every time :-)

Andrus

Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Yeah.  I was looking a bit, and I think we'd need a new assembly profile.
It turned out to be a lot quicker to untar and zip it up manually.  Not
ideal, but I felt zip really should be used for the Windows release.

If not, I can put the gzipped tarballs up, but I'm not sure it gains us
much.

--
Kevin

Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Nice!!

Re: [VOTE] 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Hello.

On Oct 29, 2007, at 18:56 , Kevin Menard wrote:

> I'd like to raise the vote to release Cayenne 3.0 M2.  This was
> tagged a
> couple weeks back, but has seen some bug fixes since then.  Andrus has
> tested on several platforms with various DB engines.  His results
> were all
> positive.
>
> I've built, signed, and posted assemblies here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M2/

+1

I have tested with all of our internal tests on both PostgreSQL and
Derby.

Regards,
  - Tore.

Re: CayenneModeler missing from generic assembly... Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Yeap.  Looks like that was the case.  I guess I should have tested that, but
assumed the assembly was correct.  In any event, it's been updated.

As an aside, for the intel Mac users, I highly recommend getting MacFusion.
SCP is quite nice with it.

--
Kevin

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

> On Oct 31, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>

>> But, doc folder looks odd. Andrus, we worked on getting those docs
>> to be generated out of the web site styled docs rather than the
>> crappy Confluence style. What do we need to do to get that sorted?
>
> Sorry - this has been sitting on my TODO list since July. I need to
> get to it rather sooner than later.... So M2 still has the old-
> style docs...
>
> Andrus

OK. Let's do that for M3 then.

+1 for this release.

Ari

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
>> On 10/29/07 1:56 PM, "Kevin Menard" <km...@servprise.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'd like to raise the vote to release Cayenne 3.0 M2.  This was
>>> tagged a
>>> couple weeks back, but has seen some bug fixes since then.
>>> Andrus has
>>> tested on several platforms with various DB engines.  His results
>>> were all
>>> positive.
>>>
>>> I've built, signed, and posted assemblies here:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M2/

I checked:

* all MD5 hashes are good
* PGP signing of .dmg is fine (which means that the others are
probably right). KEYS file is valid.
* superficially all looks with the packages
* code is good since we are using svn from only about 2 weeks ago in
our testing for the next release of our commercial software. It is
getting a good workout.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Well, for me, it can be harder to look at it during the week.  I'm not
even going to guess for others.  I've been relatively busy lately and
feel like a dead weight here.  My Cayenne to-do and wish list keep
getting pushed off.  I'm still hopeful, though.  :-)

/dev/mrg

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Ok, my hotel room in GMT +3 last night turned out to have no internet
at all, so instead I chose to go to a reggae concert and drink beer
all night :-) Tonight I am on US East Coast, and should be able to
publish the release first thing Sunday morning.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

RE: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
FWIW: I just tried my Nested Data Context test here (had it at the
office) and although it worked better than the M1 release, it still
had issues (at least I think so -- I could just not understand the NDC
usage).  This is not enough to hold up an M2 release, but I thought
I'd mention it.

Thanks,

/dev/mrg

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

[VOTE] Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
+1

(also changing the subject so that the VOTE is shown more prominently)

Re: 3.0 M2 Release Vote

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.