Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Hongda Lin <hl...@visualanalytics.com> on 2003/07/01 20:11:14 UTC

Question about SOAP encoding style URI

Hi,
	I have a question about encoding style URI.
	I noticed that before I use call.invoke() I need to use
call.setEncodingStyleURI("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/");
to set the encoding style URI. Which means if I don't have access to WWW
I won't be able to use SOAP.
	Can I not set the encoding style URI? Or can I download the xml
file from the site once and use the local file instead later?

Thanks,

Hongda Lin

Re: Question about SOAP encoding style URI

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
The encoding style URI is simply a name that represents the style. The SOAP
runtime doesn't try to access the URL at runtime.

Anne