Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Giridhar Addepalli <gi...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/29 10:10:15 UTC

Oozie monitoring

Hi All,

For monitoring purpose we want to know number of workflows
submitted/finished/failed in the last 5 minutes.
Thinking of publishing these metrics to Ganglia.

I know that there is a way to get specified number of workflows satisfying
given condition( say SUCCEEDED) :
oozie jobs -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -localtime -len 100 -filter
status=SUCCEEDED

Any suggestions on oozie ganglia integration are also welcome.

Thanks,
Giridhar.

Re: Oozie monitoring

Posted by David Morel <da...@amakuru.net>.
Hi Giridhar,
imho you'd rather check the REST API which will give you much more detailed info, in an easier to parse and exact format. Also, after working a lot on this I found some shortcomings, like the inability to display some details for TIMEDOUT jobs, which led me to consider querying the MySQL db directly, which schema and column layout is very straightforward. However that is of course not to be recommended as a general case. So go for the REST API and enjoy the wealth of detail it provides.
David