Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Fd Habash <fm...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/13 13:06:04 UTC

Migrating to Reaper: Switching From Incremental to Reaper's Full Subrange Repair

For those who are using Reaper …

Currently, I'm run repairs using crontab/nodetool using 'repair -pr' on 2.2.8 which defaults to incremental. If I migrate to Reaper, do I have to mark sstables as un-repaired first? Also, out of the box, does Reaper run full parallel repair? If yes, is it not going to cause over-streaming since we are repairing ranges multiple times?

Thank you

Re: Migrating to Reaper: Switching From Incremental to Reaper's Full Subrange Repair

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Not strictly necessary but probably a good idea as you don't want two
separate pools of SSTables unnecessarily. Also if you've set
"only_purge_repaired_tombstones" you'll need to turn that off.