Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org> on 2020/11/24 09:59:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra 0.16.0

Please vote on this Apache phoenix tephra release candidate,
phoenix-tephra-0.16.0RC1

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache phoenix tephra 0.16.0

The tag to be voted on is 0.16.0RC1:

  https://github.com/apache/phoenix-tephra/tree/0.16.0RC1

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-tephra-0.16.0RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachephoenix-1204

Artifacts were signed with the 0x794433C7 key which can be found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix/KEYS

To learn more about Apache phoenix tephra, please see

  https://tephra.incubator.apache.org/

Thanks,
Istvan

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra 0.16.0

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
-2 Viraj Jasani has found a blocker bug.

Thank you Viraj.
I have pushed an addendum, and will prepare RC2 with the fix and put up
another vote ASAP.

--
*István Tóth* | Staff Software Engineer
stoty@cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tephra 0.16.0

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
-0 (non-binding)

phoenix-tephra build from source looks good and all tests
passed successfully. Signature looks good.

However, updating tephra.version in Phoenix master's pom
from 0.16.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.16.0 is causing build failure with
error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:compile (default-compile) on project phoenix-core: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/vjasani/Documents/src/phoenix-tmp-4.x/phoenix/phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/transaction/TephraTransactionProvider.java:[43,59] package org.apache.tephra.shaded.org.apache.twill.discovery does not exist
[ERROR] /Users/vjasani/Documents/src/phoenix-tmp-4.x/phoenix/phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/transaction/TephraTransactionProvider.java:[44,59] package org.apache.tephra.shaded.org.apache.twill.discovery does not exist
[ERROR] /Users/vjasani/Documents/src/phoenix-tmp-4.x/phoenix/phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/transaction/TephraTransactionProvider.java:[45,59] package org.apache.tephra.shaded.org.apache.twill.zookeeper does not exist
[ERROR] /Users/vjasani/Documents/src/phoenix-tmp-4.x/phoenix/phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/transaction/TephraTransactionProvider.java:[46,59] package org.apache.tephra.shaded.org.apache.twill.zookeeper does not exist