Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jimmy McDonald <io...@bsdshell.dyndns.org> on 2003/06/04 16:56:54 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL Cert Question

My apache instal got deleted and with it my cert and my key
got deleted as well.

I had copies of those and pasted them in to the same location
that they were in (as defined in a backup copy of the conf file)

When I try to do a startssl I get the following error:

[Tue Jun 03 14:49:58 2003] [error] Init: Unable to read server certificate
from file /opt/covalent/ers/servers/dtsnapp3/ssl/portal.cert
[Tue Jun 03 14:49:58 2003] [error] SSL Library Error: 218755079
error:0D09F007:asn1 encoding routines:D2I_X509:expecting an asn1 sequence

I made sure there are no spaces at the end of any lines on the cert
but I'm not sure pasting it in from an email that someone sent me
isn't causing trouble.

Any thoughts, opinions, advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

jm