Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Biernat <Ro...@oopl.com.au> on 2003/05/12 11:16:44 UTC

Jk2 ISAPI Redirector and NT Groups (webapp roles)

Hi,

Just been having a look at some of the C code for the Jk2 ISAPI module and
noticed code that looks up the list of groups the user belongs to and adds
them to the stuff sent over the wire to tomcat.

i.e

char *groups=jk2_service_iis_get_roles(env, s);
if( groups != NULL){
	s->attributes->put( env,
s->attributes,ROLES_ATTRIBUTE_NAME,groups,NULL);

What I'm wondering is what happens to these once tomcat receives the
message. It appears that tomcat must ignore them as I've tried to secure a
number of resources using the web.xml which hasnt worked. However I
wondering wether they may be available somewhere so i could possibly extend
the existing CoyotePrincipal somewhere.

Thanks

Rob