Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dudu <ed...@yahoo.com.br> on 2006/11/02 02:45:12 UTC

Why some packages has no jars?

Why a few maven directories has no jars, one of it is the directory of
Metadata for Webservices (jsr181) finalized and leaded by Bea?
ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/maven2/javax/jws/jsr181/1.0I need to put
manually? or it has another name?
thanks

Re: Why some packages has no jars?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you look at the pom, you'll see:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>javax.jws</groupId>
  <artifactId>jsr181</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <name>Web Services Metadata for the Java Platform API</name>
  <url>http://dev2dev.bea.com/webservices/jwsm.html</url>
  <distributionManagement>
    <downloadUrl>http://ftpna2.bea.com/pub/downloads/jwsri-1.0.zip</downloadUrl>
  </distributionManagement>
</project>

In this case, this particular artifact cannot be hosted by Maven,
probably due to click-wrap licensing restrictions. You'll need to go
to the url and download/install the files yourself manually.

There are numerous artifacts like this in the Maven repo. Generally,
the error message you receive from Maven when you add these artifacts
to your project as dependencies will tell you where you should go to
download the file, and how to install it into your local repo.

Wayne