Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Jarecki <mj...@bigpond.net.au> on 2008/12/22 10:53:06 UTC

Any new python libraries?

Hi,

I was just wondering if there were any new Python libraries
compatible with SOLR 1.3 available or in development? All I can find
are libraries for 1.2.

Cheers

Mark

Re: Problem with XML encode UFT-8

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Certain Utf characters are not valid and need to be stripped. BOT etc.

Bill Bell
Sent from mobile

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Attachments may not work on the mailing lists. Paste the code into email or provide a link.
May it be your Python code not handling UTF-8 strings correctly?

Can you paste some relevant lines from the Solr log?
If you start solr with Jetty, you can use "java -jar start.jar" and get the log right in your console.
The same for Tomcat would be "bin/catalina.sh run"

Posted by jayronsoares <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Please explain some more.
a) What version of Solr?

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by Ed Summers <eh...@pobox.com>.
Jacob,

If you are interested in contributing any of your code to the solrpy
project [1] please let us know, either on here or on the solrpy
discussion list [2].

One of the motivations for putting the code up at code.google.com was
to make it easy for people to quickly contribute enhancements/fixes
separate from the normal release cycle of Solr proper.

//Ed

[1] http://code.google.com/p/solrpy/
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/solrpy

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by Jacob Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Otis,

I would love to figure that one out, but sadly, my company isn't going
to be doing that work right now, as we're focused on writing/fixing
the PHP client primarily and Drupal integration. I sketched up the
python one to use for quick index introspection to generate lists of
URLs to use for benchmarking.  I plan to try and package that whole
rig up if/when I ever get it running!

Best,

--

+1 510 277-0891 (o)
+91 9999 33 7458 (m)

web: http://pajamadesign.com

Skype: pajamadesign
Yahoo: jacobsingh
AIM: jacobsingh
gTalk: jacobsingh@gmail.com

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by Jacob Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by Ed Summers <eh...@pobox.com>.

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by jlist9 <jl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any new python libraries?

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by jlist9 <jl...@gmail.com>.
I used it with 1.2 but had some unicode issues. Anyone else has had
issues with unicode?
Or maybe the issues have been addressed ?

Re: Any new python libraries?

Posted by Ed Summers <eh...@pobox.com>.