Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2004/07/14 16:59:35 UTC

Compression of rollovers

I'm looking to have rollover logs gzipped.  I saw there was some code
sent to the listserv in 2001 that wasn't added, and then a question in
mid-2003 about this with a response that the next version would have
many more options.

Is there no desire for this feature, just no energy to add, any thoughts?

I'd rather have log4j manage this as opposed to using a separate cron
job since I believe lo4j would be unable to cap the number of rotations
since the files would be renamed, thus requiring me to use another cron
job to delete old rotations.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech >>> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com