Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jheise <ja...@janheise.de> on 2015/12/05 19:40:29 UTC

Different Test/Production Servers and Routes

Hi, I have a question:

We have two camel/servicemix instances. One for tests and one for production
use. Also, for a route in Test, from is usually a different location
compared to Production. Same with the final destination.

I'd like to build only one .WAR with maven that I can deploy to both
servers.

Has somebody a similar setup and solved this to his/her satisfaction? Or
some other hints/suggestions?

Thank you and best regards,

Jan

Re: Different Test/Production Servers and Routes

Posted by François LIOT <fr...@poplidays.com>.
Hi,

We have exactly same requirement.
On tomcat startup, we push some variable to point our property file -Dmyprops.home=/etc/myfile.properties

And in the spring declaration we do :

  <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
    <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this configuration file -->
    <property name="locations">
        <list>
            <value>file:${myprops.home}</value>
        </list>
    </property>
  </bean>

And next you can use regular spring variable wrappup into your routes,
And since your property file will be different from a platform to an other, you will have the behavior differences you want per platform,
Having always the very same application deployed...

Hope it helps.

Regards.

François Liot
Directeur de production et des systèmes d'information
Email : francois.liot@poplidays.com
www.poplidays.com

 ​