Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sabitha Gopal Pandit <Sa...@Chordiant.com> on 2009/01/15 05:55:33 UTC

setting UTF-8 encoding

Hello all,

I 'm working on an applications that consistes multi byte characters

And when I pass a multi byte  characters using <f:param > from my jspx
page to my backing bean, request.getparameter() gives me the corrupted
value of the multibyte  character

By setting the request.setcharacterEncoding to UTF-8  fixes my issue but
I need to do that in every backing bean.

Is there any way of globally setting the char set to UTF-8?

Thanks,

Sabitha

Re: setting UTF-8 encoding

Posted by Guy Bashan <gu...@gmail.com>.
You can also try to solve it on the tomcat level by setting the connector
property: URIEncoding="UTF-8"

For exmaple:
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

Guy.

Re: setting UTF-8 encoding

Posted by Hasan Turksoy <ht...@gmail.com>.