Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/03/09 17:02:56 UTC

Software Grant or CCLA (was: wsdl4j license inconsistency)

Hi Dims, I believe IBM has a CCLA, does this cover us? I don't have
access to the cclas.txt - could you check whether it covers us?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy,

I see several CCLA's. Each one has a qualifier like harmony, Geronimo
etc. I don't see one that covers woden/wsdl4j. Please send an email to
jim AT apache.org if you need a "formal" answer. (Jim is the Secretary
of Apache).

thanks,
dims

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 3/9/07, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Dims, thanks for looking. I guess I'm not clear on something. My
> understanding was that a software grant form is for a specific
> donation of pre-existing code. A CCLA is a one-per-corporation thing.
> You seem to be implying that a CCLA is a one-per-donation thing just
> like a software grant. In which case, why the two forms?

The CCLA has many purposes. From the agreement:

   This version of the Agreement allows an entity (the "Corporation") to
   submit Contributions to the Foundation, to authorize Contributions
   submitted by its designated employees to the Foundation, and to grant
   copyright and patent licenses thereto.

In many cases contributions are handled by filing CCLA addendums with
new software grants.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Software Grant or CCLA (was: wsdl4j license inconsistency)

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy,