Posted to users@maven.apache.org by globulon <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/10 13:11:23 UTC

site plugin with sub module

Houdy,

I am using the latest version of the maven site plugin.

In the site.xml file of the top parent project I have introduced the
following :

  <menu name="Other projects">
      <item name="XXX-API" href="/xxx-project/index.html"/>
      <item name="XXX2--API" href="/xxx2-project/index.html"/>
    </menu>

as a special menu to new projects.

I have two problems.

The site generated from sub project exhibit this menu. I have tried to
override it. Impossible,
it is still appearing.
Moreover the introduction of the '/' character is not enough to allow
navigation relatively to the root
site project.
Generated HTML source show links as:

xxx-project/index.html

and

xxx2-project/index.html

Is there any way to by pass this behavior ?

Thanx by advance

Re: site plugin with sub module

Posted by Nicole Lacoste <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's quite hard to understand your mail...

The site plugin generates html pages from stuff it finds in the
site/src/apt, site/src/fml, site/src/resources, etc.  You then
reference things starting from there. For you this would mean your link to
href="/xxx-project/index.html" points
to src/site/apt/xxx-project/index.apt.  If you want you can also put an
index.apt in the folder site/src/apt, which will cause the site to use this
for its index page, if you don't have this the site plugin will generate one
for you.

If this don't answer your question please pose it again more clearly.

Nicole