Posted to users@libcloud.apache.org by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org> on 2015/10/30 18:45:55 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Libcloud 0.19.0 release

Libcloud is a Python library that abstracts away the differences among
multiple cloud provider APIs. It allows users to manage cloud services
(servers, storage, load balancers, DNS) offered by many different providers
through a single, unified and easy to use API.

We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.19.0.

This is a first release in the 0.19 series which means it brings many
new features, improvements and bug-fixes.

Release highlights:

- New load balancer driver for Dimension Data
- New DNS driver for AuroraDNS
- New DNS driver for WorldWideDNS
- New DNS driver for DNSimple
- New DNS driver for PointDNS
- New DNS driver for Vult DNS
- New DNS driver for Liquidweb DNS
- New DNS driver for Zonomi DNS
- New DNS driver for Durable DNS
- Added volume management methods and more to RunAbove compute service
- Added new South America East region to S3 storage driver
- Many more improvements and API v2.0 added to the Dimension Data compute driver
- New API v1 support for Google Cloud DNS
- and much more!

Full change log can be found at
<https://github.com/apache/libcloud/blob/trunk/CHANGES.rst#changes-with-apache-libcloud-0190>

Download:

Libcloud 0.19.0 can be downloaded from
http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:

    pip install apache-libcloud==0.19.0

Upgrading:

If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:

    pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud==0.19.0

Upgrade notes:

None

Documentation:

Regular and API documentation is available at
https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/v0.19.0/.

Bugs / Issues:

If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD>.
Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible!

Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in
the CHANGES <https://github.com/apache/libcloud/blob/trunk/CHANGES.rst#changes-with-apache-libcloud-0190>

Announcement blog post is available at
<https://libcloud.apache.org/blog/2015/10/30/libcloud-0-19-0-released.html>.