Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by DC <da...@protonmail.com> on 2021/07/29 20:32:18 UTC

[Javascript] Flight support

Hello,

I'm not a JS pro by any stretch but I was able successfully build the JS modules from the proto file and call a Python Flight Server implementation that I put together (which works great). Working with the JS client I can retrieve a Flight and I get back a JS Readable object, but I'm not sure how to deserialize that into the RecordBatches that were sent. Any pointers/help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

-D

Re: [Javascript] Flight support

Posted by DC <da...@protonmail.com>.
Thanks for the link John. Yes, a real bummer. I'm trying to do something similar.

Regards,
-D

Posted by "John E. Conlon" <jc...@verticon.com>.
Hello David,

Posted by DC <da...@protonmail.com>.
Thanks Micah. Will do.

In the meantime I've been able to figure out the different pieces of the FlightData stream by studying the C++ and Python implementations. Think I have most of the JS pieces to clobber together an implementation, but it would be great if there is something in the works. I'll head over to the dev list.

Best,

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,