Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vinu Varghese <vi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/27 01:52:41 UTC

Help Urgent

Hi,
 I am developing a WEBDav applications using SLIDE. Is there any option
in SLIDE by which I can specify the MAXIMUM space a user can use to
store his files

- Thanks
Vinu
--
Vinu Varghese
[ Good is not Good when better is Expected ]

X /minds /
*Solutions Unfolded*
[www.x-minds.org <http://www.x-minds.org>]

*I use mozilla Thunderbird. Do you ?*

Re: Help Urgent

Posted by Thomas Bellembois <th...@univ-rennes1.fr>.
Hi,

Currently there is no quota management with the current version of Slide.
We (University of Rennes1) have developped this quota management as a "quota
listener". We hope this development will be integrated in a future version of
Slide.
We have made a package of our Slide-based WebDAV server (open source).
This package contains :
> the Slide server v2.1
> an authentication layer (LDAP - SSO and Trusted authentication)
> a store to retrieve groups from our Web portal (this store can be
> disabled to use classic groups)
> a quota management listener (95% compliant with the current WebDAV
> quota RFC - we needed to extend its specifications)
> a client to administrate the server
You can have further information here :
http://www.esup-portail.org/consortium/espace/Stockage_2F/serveur/serveur_V3/installation.html

Note that our V3 server (currently available) does not support quotas.
We are about to release a V4 version with this quota management.

Hope it helps.

Thomas