Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> on 2023/07/02 14:17:55 UTC

Re: Netty CVE-2023-34462 (SniHandler)

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the heads-up. We just committed the upgrade of Netty on
master and branch-3.8:
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/2019

That means the new Netty version can be expected in 3.9.0 and 3.8.2
versions of ZooKeeper soon.

I think we should backport it to branch-3.7 too, however it's going to
be EoL soon.

3.6 is not maintained anymore, so I don't expect it to be upgraded and
new release issued.

Andor