Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/05/02 12:11:13 UTC

Re: ThreadPool?

At 10:56  2/5/01 +0000, Charles Benett wrote:
>What is the plan for DefaultThreadPool? I saw its gone to scratchpad.

Essentially it will be added to post release so that the execute() methods
return a ThreadControl that allows you to do things like send interupt() to
a pooled thread etc. The default implementation will also allow a hook to
do things like set thread-specific parameters before calling run of passed
in runnables. Possibly the executeAndWait() will also throw
ThreadExceptions to make it easier to get exceptions thrown in threads.

>I've started getting null pointer errors on line 131 -
>
>worker.setContextClassLoader(Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()
>);
>in James.
>
>I'll post a full error log mesage next time I find it.

odd - that would be good.

Cheers,

Pete