Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Robert Simonson <si...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/07/22 22:54:10 UTC

Directory index and Mulitviews problem - 2.0.39

We've been testing with 2.0.39, and we've run into a strange problem when
negotiating for a directory index page.   There is no response to the
request - no file, no headers, nothing. The connection is simply closed.
>From what we have been able to determine, we suspect that
ap_internal_fast_redirect() is altering the output filters such that the
http_header filter is no longer on the stack for this request.

Here is a snippet of our configuration that recreates the problem:

DocumentRoot /apachetest/dirlist
<Directory /apachetest/dirlist/negotiate>
  DirectoryIndex myindex
  Options +Indexes +Multiviews
</Directory >

Where the files myindex.html, myindex.shtml exist in the directory.

When we make the request  GET /negotiate/ HTTP/1.1, the server writes 0
bytes of data, and closes the connection.

Thanks.

Rob Simonson
simo@us.ibm.com

Re: Directory index and Mulitviews problem - 2.0.39

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@apache.org>.
Greg Ames wrote:

> Robert Simonson wrote:
> >
> > We've been testing with 2.0.39, and we've run into a strange problem when
> > negotiating for a directory index page.

> I haven't figured out how to reproduce this...I get myhtml.index.

ooops, I should have mentioned that I was using current cvs HEAD.  Have you
tried this?

Greg

Re: Directory index and Mulitviews problem - 2.0.39

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@apache.org>.
Robert Simonson wrote:

> We've been testing with 2.0.39, and we've run into a strange problem when
> negotiating for a directory index page.   There is no response to the
> request - no file, no headers, nothing. The connection is simply closed.
> >From what we have been able to determine, we suspect that
> ap_internal_fast_redirect() is altering the output filters such that the
> http_header filter is no longer on the stack for this request.
>
> Here is a snippet of our configuration that recreates the problem:
>
> DocumentRoot /apachetest/dirlist
> <Directory /apachetest/dirlist/negotiate>
>   DirectoryIndex myindex
>   Options +Indexes +Multiviews
> </Directory >
>
> Where the files myindex.html, myindex.shtml exist in the directory.
>
> When we make the request  GET /negotiate/ HTTP/1.1, the server writes 0
> bytes of data, and closes the connection.

I haven't figured out how to reproduce this...I get myhtml.index.  At first I
thought it was because I use MultiviewsMatch Handler, which won't pick up .shtml
for me.  But switching to MultiviewsMatch Any doesn't make it fail either.

Could you post a backtrace?  I would try setting a breakpoint in
core_output_filter first.  If that doesn't hit, you could try a breakpoint in
ap_pass_brigade, or stepping thru ap_process_request_internal and see how far it
gets.

Also, any idea when it quit working?

Greg