Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com> on 2013/11/28 18:34:35 UTC

SSH FileSystem implementation

I put together a Java NIO FileSystem implementation over SSH as an
extension to JSch.  I recently came across the MINA project as I was
looking for a Java SSH implementation that supported ecdsa (not yet sure if
you do).  It appears that MINA SSHD may be a better home for my SSH
FileSystem implementation.  Would you be interested in the contribution?
You can view the git project here:

https://github.com/lucastheisen/jsch-nio

Also, as I began digging through your implementation, I saw dependencies on
JSch.  Is that only for unit tests, or is MINA SSHD itself a wrapper around
JSch?

Thanks
Lucas

Re: SSH FileSystem implementation

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The Jsch dependency is only for interoperability testing.  The sshd-core
jar can be with mina or nio2.
There's no support for ecdsa yet.

For the ssh file system, I have a question.  It seems you're sending unix
commands (mkdir, rmdir, etc...) through ssh.  Did you consider using sftp
instead, as it would provide an easy level of abstraction so that the file
system would not be dependant on the remote OS at all ?

Anyway, if you consider rewriting it on top of SSHD, I think it would make
a nice addition as a new module in the build.

Cheers,
Guillaume

--
Guillaume Nodet