Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com> on 2004/10/07 07:34:59 UTC

contextPriorityClassLoader

On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:13 PM, dain@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Added explicit handling of web application classloader which handles
>> WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
>> This class loader is also used during deployment so env ref classes
>> can come from the war classes
>> Changed Configuration to set the configurationBaseUrl on each gbean
>> in configuration that has such an attibute
>
> Forgot to mention that I broke contextPriorityClassLoader, which is
> where we load classes from the web app in preference to parent class
> loaders.  I'm starting on this now.

Finished that.

> BTW, I find the name "contextPriorityClassLoader" a bit non-intuitive,
> what do other app servers call this (specifically weblogic and
> webshpere).

I'm still interested in this if anyone has the info...

-dain

Re: contextPriorityClassLoader

Posted by Kristian Köhler <Kr...@gmx.de>.
Hi

>> BTW, I find the name "contextPriorityClassLoader" a bit non-intuitive,
>> what do other app servers call this (specifically weblogic and
>> webshpere).
>

> I'm still interested in this if anyone has the info...

The admin console talks about "WAR Classloader Policy" ("Module",
"Application") and "Classloader Mode" ("PARENT_FIRST","PARENT_LAST").

There is a ClassLoaderViewer available for websphere. The following
article shows the websphere "ClassLoader Delegation Hierarchy":

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0312_cocasse/0312_cocasse.html

Hope this helps.

Kristian

Re: contextPriorityClassLoader

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
On 7/10/2004 3:34 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> BTW, I find the name "contextPriorityClassLoader" a bit
>> non-intuitive, what do other app servers call this (specifically
>> weblogic and webshpere).
>
> I'm still interested in this if anyone has the info...

For WebLogic, this is prefer-web-inf-classes.

Gianny