Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by bh41637 <bh...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/16 00:21:30 UTC

Manually Search result is returning in 30sec but jmeter in mili-sec

I have a ThreadGroup for my app SiteWide Search. I think I recorded the
functionality just fine with HTTP Proxy but the response time I am
getting only in mili-sec but in reality it is about avg 30sec. Did
you encounter this same issue while doing the same script? I did the same in
LoadRunner and the result looks correct. Why Jmeter is returning the result
so quickly? Any idea?

Re: Manually Search result is returning in 30sec but jmeter in mili-sec

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
a. is your test correct. Did you verify the results being returned(using
View results tree) for a sample run? do you have assertions that verify
correctness? JMeter will only flag an error , by default for HTTP errors ,
it wont be able to detect application errors unless you tell it what to do
b. Does your load runner test download all embedded resources (e.g.
JS/CSS/Images). Does your Jmeter test do the same

regards
deepak

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:21 PM, bh41637 <bh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a ThreadGroup for my app SiteWide Search. I think I recorded the
> functionality just fine with HTTP Proxy but the response time I am
> getting only in mili-sec but in reality it is about avg 30sec. Did
> you encounter this same issue while doing the same script? I did the same
> in
> LoadRunner and the result looks correct. Why Jmeter is returning the result
> so quickly? Any idea?

RE: Manually Search result is returning in 30sec but jmeter in mili-sec

Posted by je...@orange-ftgroup.com.

Good advice of Deepak ( The listener Tree Result can show correct URL, but
look at the Response Tab in HTML format if it is really correct).
If the Seach Engine uses cookies, don't forget the Cookie Manager in your
JMeter scenario.

Cordialement / Best regards

You might need to check what results are returned. Your system might be just
returning an error page or your testing setup might be caching the result
(less probability)

Deepak
On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 4:51 AM, bh41637 <bh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a ThreadGroup for my app SiteWide Search. I think I recorded
> the functionality just fine with HTTP Proxy but the response time I am
> getting only in mili-sec but in reality it is about avg 30sec. Did you
> encounter this same issue while doing the same script? I did the same
> in LoadRunner and the result looks correct. Why Jmeter is returning
> the result so quickly? Any idea?

Guten Tag

   --
Keigu

Deepak
+91-9765089593
deicool@gmail.com

Skype: thumsupdeicool
Google talk: deicool
Blog: http://loveandfearless.wordpress.com

Check out my Work at:
LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/thumsupdeicool

"Contribute to the world, environment and more :
http://www.gridrepublic.org"

*********************************
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.

Re: Manually Search result is returning in 30sec but jmeter in mili-sec

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
You might need to check what results are returned. Your system might
be just returning an error page or your testing setup might be caching
the result (less probability)

Deepak
On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 4:51 AM, bh41637 <bh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a ThreadGroup for my app SiteWide Search. I think I recorded the
> functionality just fine with HTTP Proxy but the response time I am
> getting only in mili-sec but in reality it is about avg 30sec. Did
> you encounter this same issue while doing the same script? I did the same in
> LoadRunner and the result looks correct. Why Jmeter is returning the result
> so quickly? Any idea?

Guten Tag