Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2007/10/24 13:42:24 UTC

facelets@myfaces [was: facelets taglib for tomahawk and sandbox]

Hi!
> If you, or anyone else for that matters, want to fix /add more
> handlers to the projects feel free to tell me and I can add you as
> members right away!

What about a MyFaces Facelets (MyFaces MyFacelets ;-) ) project at all,
not only for the taglibs we might host there then (as long as the
generator is not live) but also for some Facelets dependent stuff.

For example I'd start with my dynamicInclude component which allows to:
1) add xhtml fragments at render-time instead of compile-time - this is
required if you'd like to include e.g. app-configured fragments to the
JSF tree which might change from one request to the next.
2) add xhtml fragments to "old" JSP/JSF pages - this allows you to
slowly migrate your app to facelets.

This component is searching a home :-)

Ciao,
Mario

Re: facelets@myfaces [was: facelets taglib for tomahawk and sandbox]

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I would be a proponent for a new tomahawk-like project to house
facelets-only projects (tag handlers and components). I could even
move my annotation deployment code from jsf-comp over to myfaces for
such a project.

I'd be willing to help setup the projects to use the trinidad maven
plugin for this (for the component generation), if desired, since I
have done it before. I don't know anything about the builds though and
how they get run (including snapshots getting into the repository and
release management).

-Andrew

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.